INVITATION FOR BLOOD DONORS
2017 BLOOD LETTING ACTIVITY
20 March 2017; 9:00AM-12:00PM
The Laguna Lake Development Authority (LLDA), in partnership with the Philippine National Red Cross – Quezon City Chapter, will hold its annual blood-letting event on 20 March 2017, Monday from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM at the LLDA Cafeteria, National Ecology Center, East Ave., Quezon City as part of the National Women’s Month Celebration.
To prepare for the bloodletting, an orientation will be conducted on the same day to prepare potential donors for the actual bloodletting.
Pre-screening is recommended to make sure that potential blood donors have at least the following qualifications:
• Age: 18-65 years old
• 16-17 with parental consent
• 60-65 regular donors in discretion of physician
• Weight: at least 115 lbs. / 52.5 kgs.
• Blood pressure: 90-130 systolic 60- 90 diastolic
• Travel abroad for a period of more than 1 month must have stayed in the country for 12 months.
• Travel abroad for a period of less than 1 month must have stayed for 1 month.
• No major/ minor surgical procedure within a year
• Tattooing/ piercing: 12 months after the procedure (tattoo will be assessed accordingly)
• No medicine or alcohol intake for at least 24 hours
• No smoking 4 hours prior to blood extraction
• At least 5 hours of sleep
• Physically healthy
• Negative for sexually transmitted diseases.
• Other guidelines for deferral will be assessed during interview of donor’s personal and medical history and physical examination
Generated blood bags will be turn-over to the Philippine Red Cross in support to their advocacy of providing adequate supply of safe blood.
For inquiry, kindly coordinate with Mr. Lito Pendijito of Administrative Division at telephone number (02) 376-4061.
Let us support this undertaking. Let us SAVE LIVES!
Please click this LINK FOR REGISTRATION.